So, here's the list of aims for 2015:
- Bloodbowl Wood Elves - I have most of the figures converted already. I need to build a couple more Linemen and then the team is complete and ready to be painted. 15/16 figures
- Vikings - As already stated, there's the promise of a campaign in the not-too-distant future so this will be amongst the first projects of 2015. Using SAGA rules, this could be anywhere between 20-50 figures...
- Relics - We've only played one game so far, but with only 9 figures in the starting warband, this should be an easy project to complete.
- Pirates - I have all the figures I need, a mix of actual pirate figures and conversions, so all they need is paint. 20 figures
- Mordheim - I have Sisters of Sigmar, Beastmen and Dwarf Treasure Hunter warbands, plus a few additional figures for my existing Witch Hunter warband 30-ish figures
- LotR - I'm halfway to completing both my Dwarves and Moria Goblin forces, so getting those done is the aim. I have 47 Dwarves, and about the same number of Moria figures to paint. A sizeable target, but it would be a big achievement. c.100 figures
- Skaven - The End Times has renewed my interest in Warhammer, and the Skaven are about to get their own instalment (which I've pre-ordered). Painting up at least a couple of new toys would be a good addition. A Hell Pit Abomination, one of the new Verminlords (also pre-ordered) and a big unit of Plague Monks are the targets. 42 figures
- Wood Elves - Continuing with the End Times theme, there are several toys that should have been added to my Wood Elves last year that I didn't manage. I'm aiming to complete the last 10 Eternal Guard plus a Highborn, my second Treeman, the Wildwood Rangers I meant to paint last year, a unit of stag-riding Wild Riders and my Dragon. 50-ish figures
It sounds like a lot, and it is - roughly around 300 figures - but I'm hoping that by breaking it into manageable chunks and varying projects, I can keep my focus and motivation up. If I can come back in 12 months and cross at least half these items off the list I'll be happy.