Monday, 24 January 2011

"Secret" Project....

Remember that "entirely different project" I mentioned in the last post? Well, it did get off the ground...

It's not really all that secret. I'm in the process of putting together an entry for the Conversion Contest in the A5 campaign. The contest is to convert a unit/monster/war machine from one of the campaign army lists. Having been working on the Doomwheel over the last week, I picked a unit from the Clan Skarr list - I can't really say what it is and I can't show any pics until after the contest finishes, but luckily the finish date is 31st January so you won't have to wait that long. Unluckily, that only gives me a week to finish it.

That said, I've made a fair bit of progress so far. There's one bit that I'm struggling with, but in the meantime I should be able to get most of the other parts built by tomorrow. I'm not sure whether I'll have time to paint it before the contest ends (it would be good if I could - extra credit for painted models!), but it will at least be constructed and ready to go.

Most of my other projects have been put on hold while I frantically put my contest entry together. The time constraints also haven't been helped by the fact that my copy of Legendary Edition Blood Bowl turned up on Saturday. Of course, I've spent a fair few hours playing whilst tinkering with the project...

 Speaking of Blood Bowl, I've just got back from gaming with a dramatic (and jammy) win over a Chaos team. 4 casualties (all mine), 2 sendings off (both his) and three touchdowns (two of which were mine, luckily) means I've got another win to report for A5 this turn.

NB: I forgot to post about the fact that I managed to squeeze in a second game of Blood Bowl last week, which was a comfortable 2-0 win against the same Orc team

No comments:

Post a Comment