Saturday, 15 January 2011


I've managed to squeeze in a few hours painting time over the last few evenings after work, and I've completed the gold basecoat on all the pikemen models. Although it's a bit messy at the moment, a few touch-ups will soon remedy that (I hope). Flesh, black trousers, Red Gore helmet plumes, and then details like bags, armour straps etc. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long - luckily, I've got a fair bit of free time next week so should be able to make some decent progress with them, as well as the characters.

 I've also worked out how many of each model I need to give me enough to field either a 50-strong horde or 2x25-strong units. All in all, I need four front rank models, six middle rank models and two rear rank models. Not quite sure how I'm going to manage that combination. I have found an online store that sells the models individually (at £3 a pop, mind) so that's an option.

As a side note, I'm not entirely sure how I only ended up with four middle rank models when I bought two boxed sets of the Fellowship models plus other random eBay auctions. I might have to double-check my numerous boxes to see if I've missed any before ordering more models...

No comments:

Post a Comment