Monday, 9 September 2013

Scouting Party

The next unit for the Wood Elf repaint is complete, and it's probably the next easiest after all the trees being as it only consists of five models! Still, it's another unit down and five more models crossed off the list. Unfortunately, I didn't quite manage my target of getting below the 50-model mark by the end of August, as real life intervened, but I'm close to crossing the big unit of Glade Guard off the list which will see the remaining model count drop by almost a third. Then I'll have roughly a month to polish off the rest. That's doable....right?

In many ways though, these Scouts represent the hardest bit of the army - having no clue as to what colour scheme I was going to go with, other than that it would be a "winter" palette, I had to spend time making those decisions whilst painting the Scouts, with some trial and error along the way. Now that I've managed to settle on a scheme, and on which colours go where, the rest of the work is simply repetition - in theory, that's the easy part. It just means I have to chain myself to the painting desk for the next month and keep painting!

In other news, although I'm somewhat behind schedule on the painting front, I'm getting a fair few games in - I've played three times over the last week, with two Wins and a very narrow Loss. Not bad going considering I'm definitely still learning 8th Edition!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment