Thursday 7 June 2012

Tale of X Gamers - Part I

Carrying on from the last post, I mentioned I was taking part in Asrai.org's summer contest - the Tale of X Gamers. Those who are interested in the details can read the original thread on Asrai.org here, but in a nutshell the task is to build and paint a 1000pt Fantasy army by September 15th. 

I'm mainly using it as motivation to continue adding to my Skaven and plough through the unpainted models I've already got (rather than buying loads of new stuff). This 1000pt block will then be added to my already-painted stuff and will get me nicely over 2000pts. 

The list I'm building then is as follows:

Warlock Engineer ~ 138pts
 - Lv.2, Doomrocket, Warplock Pistol

40 Clanrats ~ 290pts
- Full Command, Spears, Shields, Warpfire Thrower

40 Clanrats ~ 275pts
- Full Command, Spears, Shields,  Ratling Gun

2 Rat Ogres ~ 88pts
- Packmaster

17 Giant Rats ~ 75pts
- 3 Packmasters

10 Poisoned Wind Globadiers ~ 130pts
- Bombadier with Death Globe

996pts


The Clanrats, Rat Ogres and Giant Rats are all self-explanatory. They're models I already have and they'll bulk out what I've already painted to give a solid core for bigger armies. The Engineer and Globadiers will be conversions - the Engineer because I want a variation on the IoB model (which I already have a painted version of) and the Globadiers because I refuse to pay £7 a pop for a dodgy-looking metal model. I'll convert my own for a fraction of the price, thank you very much.

So without further ado, here's a few snaps of some of the models in question:









1 comment:

  1. Most interesting, young nephew. If I could just motivate myself to paint fantasy when there are so many wonderful historical projects to engage with......

    G

    ReplyDelete