Sunday 14 August 2011

Slow Progress...

Well, nothing much to show for it at the moment, but I have managed to pick up a paintbrush at least. Started basecoating the Dystopian Wars ships; I'm starting with a blackened steel (read: Chainmail mixed with plenty of Chaos Black) basecoat on the metal, while the decks are getting recoated with white before receiving a wash with my precious store of Brown Ink! Devlan Mud just won't cut it for the "highly polished wooden decking" look I want. Meanwhile, I'm looking into various 'Razzle Dazzle' camoflage schemes for use on the ships. Not 100% set on going down this route yet, but it does look good.

In other news, progress is being made with the Miniature Exchange figure. Most of the basecoats are done, so it's mostly on to the detail work now. Not long left to get it finished, so I'll be wrapping it up over the next couple of weeks to hit the deadline.

Next time, I'll try and get some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment